What should you admit to yourself?



I am the room where it happens. 


According to LMM (Lin-Manuel Miranda, for the non-theater kids), we immigrants "get the job done."


(Even though Mr. Miranda and his parents are NOT immigrants.)

Anyhoodle, as an actual immigrant ( πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ ), I do get the job done. But the process can look different.

Just like you, fellow introverted CEO, I go through difficulties you think no one else understands:

1) I think it should be easier to achieve a goal I set for the quarter, because I based my expectations on facts and logic.

2) I expect to achieve that goal faster than is practical because I have repeatedly done the improbable before.

3) I expect other people--at work and at home--to understand my different-looking and better results, because the value is obvious to me.

I am trying to improve.

• I am accepting that as a megalomaniacal INTJ, often my expectations are unreasonable, my timelines are ridiculous, and my productivity is unsustainable.

• Yet, like a bumblebee, I go on flying anyway. 🐝

• If that scenario resonates for you, then keep reading.

Instead of running away from the struggle of being the best introverted, immigrant CEO I can be, or stuffing down my feelings of failure against insurmountable odds, I freely and loudly admit that I don't always live up to my delusions of grandeur in a white supremacist, patriarchal society that is designed to crush my spirit and to "bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships, 'cause they knew death was better than bondage."

Yes, I can be dramatic, but I am not inaccurate.

Also, my admissions are not delivered "loudly" so much as quietly, as I am more of a listener than a yapper with a bullhorn. But I get my point across.

And that point is, admit that sometimes you are being ridiculous.

Admit that you don't know everything, and that is okay.

Admit that your vision is so grandiose that no one (you know) understands it, but that people can still support it.

Admit that Mahlena has some good ideas, and she seems like a fun person to partner with, so you can achieve those deep down goals you never even knew you had. πŸ˜€

Admit that you are doing your best, even when you don't know what you are doing.

Here is my call to action for you:

Send me a message. πŸ“©

mahlenaspeaks@gmail.com


Even if you don't know what to admit to yourself, even if you don't know why delivering your own presentations for your own company is important, even if you don't know exactly how your executive communication skills will improve your team's success, send me a message.

mahlenaspeaks@gmail.com


Let's start a conversation and get you where you never dreamed of going.

Or, if you know exactly where you want to going, tell me in the comments. ⤵

Thanks for reading. πŸ™‚